Saturday, May 29, 2010

GENERAL INFORMATION: Sneaking Around - A Rotten Way To Live



Do you have to be "on the lookout" for the Apartment Staff?

So many of my clients have rented under someone else's name in the past or have lived at their boyfriend's or girlfriend's apartment without being on the lease.

They tell me they do this to get around a broken lease, an eviction, or a criminal conviction.  In MOST cases, they really don't have to do this.  There is a place for them; they just don't know it.

Today, I found that I was dealing with a guy who had a deferred adjudication for a felony (robbery) and a girl who had an eviction.
I didn't know they wanted to live together - they weren't being completely honest with me.  The solution was 2 places in the area that they wanted to live and at a price range they could afford. 

Actually, in most cases, the eviction causes more problems than a Deferred Felony (or as Texas calls it - a Deferred Adjudication for a Felony). She will have to make payment arraignments before she can be accepted.

Just be honest with me. And let's stop the sneaking around. You don't have to do it - it can't be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment