Tuesday, April 13, 2010

GENERAL INFORMATION: You deserve a Home: That's why I don't accept the first NO




My clients deserve housing and my calling is to serve them

This doesn't mean I will do anything unethical but it does mean that if I understand an apartment to have a policy then I won't accept a no from a leasing agent as a "final no".


One thing that frustrates me is the general lack of training of many, not all, but many of the leasing agents. I bet only 25% can articulate what a Deferred Adjudication for a felony is...and with the managers and assistant managers it is probably about 75%. Many of the complexes don't do the job they should in training people about misdemeanors, classes of misdemeanors, felonies, deferred adjudications and the other terms that will come up in day to day dealings with the public.


Have I been told NO by a leasing agent only to have a manager correct the statement? All the time. I have had leasing agents tell me "they don't accept felonies" when they take Felony 3 (but not Felony 1 or Felony 2). I have had people tell me they don't take felonies when they mean they don't take MOST felonies but they will accept a hot check felony or a DWI felony. I've had people tell me NO because they didn't want to be bothered.


One of the reasons I am successful at a tough job is I call back and speak to Assistant Managers and Managers. I am polite but I do not accept a first NO for an answer.

That isn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment