Monday, September 28, 2009

FELONS: Dress for Success, an example


Found this cartoon, it makes a valid point - Dress for Success
Part of the "Pick My Brain Series"


When I saw this cartoon, I was reminded of a story I heard about a Houston apartment manager who runs "a second chance" apartment complex.


She is tough and takes no B.S. from anyone.  I sent a client over but he was "housing" (or wearing his jeans low esposing his underwear) when he arrived.  The manager told him "I rent to felons but I don't rent to THUGS. Come back when you can dress right".


He did come back in Dockers and a polo shirt and she did rent to him.   But this story illustrates the point: Dress Nicely.  Don't come straight from the job site if you are in construction.  Take a shower and wear something that you would wear to see your grandmother.


After all, it is an apartment manager you are seeing.  He or she can control where you live and you only get one chance to make a first impression.


Dress like you want the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment