Friday, March 26, 2010

GENERAL INFORMATION: Apartment Manager of the Year - 2009

Never Met Cody, in person, but Her Attitude ROCKS!

I spend a lot of time on the phone. At least 6 hours a day. In fact, so much I wear a headset for 12 hours each day.

In a typical day I might talk to 12 to 15 clients and at least that number of leasing professionals.

So was Cody my number one manager - YES in so many ways.  In terms of sales - No. 

The reason for this award is to recognize the apartment manager who should typify the norm in the residential housing industry - IN MY OPINION.  

What does Cody win?  Nothing, but she knows she made a difference in someones live. And their kids.

You see Cody has the "secret" in working with clients and apartment locator's. She takes the stance that she is in the RENTAL BUSINESS and she looks for reasons to say YES, not reasons to say NO.

Is this like calling the glass half-full instead of half-empty?  I don't think so. I think it is about trying to make sure that she serves her employer, her residents, and her potential residents in making sound business decisions.

Did she turn me down on some clients?  Yes, but she always told me a business reason, that was well thought out, and it was expressed sincerely.

You can't argue with that.

So for all the Cody's out there, I salute you.  And for you that aren't, I hope in 2010 you display more of her attributes.

She is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment